Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

Back from Michigan



I got back on Monday night from a week-long trip to Michigan and Ohio. The main focus of the trip wasn't birding (visiting a couple colleges was the real reason for the trip), but I fit in a lot of birding around the edges. Even though mid-April is a pretty awkward time to bird in the Midwest - many wintering species such as ducks have departed and most migrants have not yet arrived - I managed to scrape together a little over one hundred species for the trip. This total surprisingly included two life birds, but I won't spoil it for you!

Unfortunately my schedule is absolutely crazy right now as I spent practically every spare moment preparing for my AP exams in a couple weeks, but I'll try to make a couple more thorough posts with photos from the trip. Just thought I'd post so everyone would know I didn't drop off the face of the earth!

No comments: