Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2007

More Hermit Warblers

This morning I briefly birded at Santiago Hills Park, which is a small urban park about half a mile from my house. It is a grassy park with lots of tall exotic trees, which migrants love as I found out today. I saw a Hermit Warbler in a row of conifers near the intersection of Newport and Chapman on the way to the park (yes, I do screech my bike to a halt and whip out binoculars whenever I hear warbler chips). The park had lots of Yellow-rumped, Yellow, Orange-crowned, and Wilson's Warblers, along with two Black-throated Gray Warblers and a single Townsend's Warbler. I found another Hermit Warbler poking around in a small pine tree, providing excellent looks from just ten feet away.

Also, yesterday I birded Peters Canyon. I didn't see anything unusual, and no birds cooperated for photos. I did add five new birds to my PCRP list - White-faced Ibis, Western Wood-Pewee, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Chipping Sparrow, and Lincoln's Sparrow - bringing the list up to ninety-nine. Just one more...

1 comment:

Tim Hajda said...

Hmph! No fair....

Boofer Hermit Wablah!